What causes rashes in diaper area?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Child Health
Question: my daughter who is 9 months old is having rashes in her genital area. ( Attaching the photo for reference). We use diapers in the night while she sleeps and post bath we are using a cream called EziNapi and Himalaya baby powder.

Can you pls suggest an alternative to cure this.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is more likely to be fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the image and to me it appears to be more like fungal infection(raised small annular lesion and satellite lesion).Candidal fungal infection is very common in diaper area due to the moisture.
I would suggest you to continue using Ezinapi as it contains Zinc oxide which helps in healing of the denuded skin lesions.Also use a cream containing combination of antifungal with mild steroid like mometasone/betamethasone with clotrimazole or terbinafine for better relief(as it is most likely a fungal infection).
Apply it for two to three times a day for 4-5 days.I hope it would improve.
Keep the area dry and clean with frequent changing of nappy.

Please let me know if you have any more query.
Wishing for early recovery of your baby.
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 4 hours later
Can you pls suggest me a cream which has got the above mentioned elements.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Candid B or HHDERM cream

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up

You can use candid b cream (clotrimazole an antifungal with betamethasone a steroid) or HHDERM(mometasone with clotrimazole with neomycin).
Please keep me updated regarding the improvement.
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 10 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. Is there any pediatric version of these cream. I have Candid B cream with me, can this be used on kids.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use candid b cream

Detailed Answer:
You can use this candid b cream for your baby for 4-5 days.