What causes rashes around the genitals?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have red scaly rash around my genitals and the crack of my but and one more thing I had skin cancer surgery about 10 years ago and they took lympth nodes taken out of my groin area and ever since then my ejaculation hasn't been the same it looks like theres urin in my sperm and there is not very much was a lot more before my surgery
Mon, 7 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antifungal cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a fungal infection. Sweat, heat and humidity favor growth of the fungus in body folds like groin. Fungal infection usually presents as red, scaly, itchy patches.
I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily.
In addition you may also take a tab cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.