What causes rashes around the ear?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have rashes around my right ear.It is since 2 months.I am attaching images of it.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either ringworm infection or seborrhoeic dermatitis, answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be either ringworm infection or seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Is only one ear affected?
What is the extent of itching?
Do you have dandruff in the scalp?
Do you have rash anywhere else on the body?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 46 minutes later
yes only one ear is affected.
itching is kind of continuous nature sometimes mild sometimes more.
no dandruff.
yes on the right leg below the knee muscles(attached image now)
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ringworm infection, antifungal medicines & Antihistaminics

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the newly attached photograph and you seem to be suffering from ringworm infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take antifungal medicines like capsule itraconazole 100 mg twice daily and apply luliconazole cream on the affected areas once daily for 2-3 weeks.
For itching you can take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.