What causes rashes after taking Keppra and Lamital for temporal lobe seizures?
Gabitril is a good drug but...can also cause a rash!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this diagnosis of partial seizures and all the side effects you have suffered from treatment. Gabitril is used to treat partial seizures and could be a good option for you. However, one of the possible side effects is a skin rash. Though it is a possibility, there is no guarantee that you would develop it. I will recommend you go ahead and try it. if you tolerate it, then continue with it. However, if you develop any severe skin reaction, we would be left with the lone option of stopping it and trying other options.
Please, be careful as you drive. Seizures can be deadly if they occur during driving. I recommend you only drive when there is no other way around doing so.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Have you tried valproate?
Hi and thanks for this follow up question.
Another drug would be valproic acid. Have you ever tried this one? The best way would be to try as many drugs as required until we get what works best for you.
I wish you well and do keep me updated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Right temporal lobe seizures
- Temporal lobe seizures and anger
- Irregular bowel movements after temporal lobe seizures
- Temporal lobe seizures surgery
- Temporal lobe seizures and masturbation
- Can temporal lobe seizure cause a sudden sense of unprovoked fear?
- Left temporal lobe seizure symptoms
- Bilateral temporal lobe seizures
- Bedwetting and temporal lobe seizures
- Partial temporal lobe seizures