What causes rash under both breasts and dizziness after tapering gabapentin?
Continue to taper gabapentin
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms and agree that gabapentin needs to be slowly tapered and stopped. this is to prevent any withdrawal symptoms, most importantly seizures.
As of now, you are on the smallest daily dose. Now, you can make it every alternate day. After 7 days, make it once in 3 days. After another week, make it once in 4 days. After 7 more days, make it once in 5 days. After 7 more days, make it once six days, then, after one week, once a week, and then stop.
I hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
I am struggling with the 100 mg and can barely function.
Gradual withdrawal prevent those symptoms.
Thank you for getting back.
Gradual withdrawal of gabapentin, as discussed above would prevent those uncomfortable symptoms.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rashes after shaving
- What is causing dizziness after sneezing
- Gabapentin rash causes
- What causes dizziness after dialysis
- What causes dizziness after eating
- What causes faint dizzy feeling after surgery
- What causes rashes under belly
- What is the cause of rash under breast and chills
- What causes dizziness after gall bladder surgery
- What are causes of a breast rash