What causes rash on wrist and sensitive skin while on Statins?
My main concern now is the sensitivity of the skin on my arms and the aching of them on both sides.
Muscle enzyme measures to exclude statin toxicity, HbA1c levels ffor diabet
Hi and thanks for the query,
I understand this could be very disturbing. It is imperative to check that what you are experiencing is not due t statin therapy. Statins have as major side effect, to affect muscles and this could manifest itself like pains and alteration of sensitivity. Measuring a muscle enzyme called Creatinine Kinase shall give a direct indication if the muscles have been touched. This could define if the dose of the drug needs to be change or stopped depending on the case.
With a past history of diabetes, measuring Glycosylated Hemoglobin levels is important (HbA1c) to see if the follow up is satisfactory.
I suggest you book an appointment with your primary care doctor for a proper review.
Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes allergic skin rash
- What is the cause for wrist pain
- What causes recurring hives rashes bumps on inside of wrist
- Statin causing skin allergy
- What causes skinny wrists
- What are the causes and treatment for skin rashes
- What causes itchy skin rash
- What causes pain in the wrist while playing tennis
- What causes thin wrists
- Can statins cause painful ankle wrist
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?