What causes rash on upper arms post bee sting?

Question
After being stung by a bee on my left hand I experienced a warm rash on my upper arms. Could this be a result of the bee sting? I am 66 years old, female, and in good health otherwise.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably related to the bee sting!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this bee sting. I hope you get to recover pretty soon.

I have reviewed the information that you have provided fully. This rash is most likely related to the bee sting. I will recommend that you continue with the benadryl and this rash will slowly fade away. It requires just to be kept clean, airy and dry and all would sort itself out. avoid picking on it time and again.

If this fails to resolve or significantly regress within 5days, please provide a photo image to me for further inspection and insights.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.