What causes rash on the back of legs and lower back?
This is urticaria!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this rash and symptoms that you have reported.
After reviewing th picture and information that you have provided, this very much sounds like urticaria. This presents as batches of raised, red or white itchy welts of various sizes that appear and disappear. Some last just a few minutes, while other may take hours or several hours before disappearing. The exact cause is not clear to the medical community though some people have been found to have other disease conditions like lupus, hypothyroidism that may be responsible for this.
Treatment consist in longterm use of antihistamines. Zyrtec/Benadryl, etc have been used with success. For now, I will like you to read more about urticaria from this trusted site and return to me with more question or request for clarifications. Thereafter, we shall make the decision about treatment options.
I hope to hear from you shortly. I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What causes rashes on breasts and back of legs
- What causes rashes on buttock lower back and inner thigh
- What causes lower back ache
- What causes pain in lower back and legs
- Cause of lower back spasms
- What causes a ticklish lower back
- Back rash causes
- What causes brusing on lower back
- What causes lower back spasms