question-icon

What causes rash on penis post oral sex?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: I have a rash on my penis after receiving oral sex in late January and it won't go away. It showed up immediately after the oral sex as a pink rash and progressed. If I leave alone the redness goes away slightly but in no way completely. The first time I applied vinegar it did get worse and seemed to scab over but those are mostly gone except the tiny white spot on the left of the photo. when i put on the vinegar it turns pink and then really red like the photo. does not itch but stings when vinegar is applied.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Fordyce spots most likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query and picture. The bumps in the picture looks like Fordyce spots. These are modified sebaceous prominences and are harmless. Redness is from the skin reaction due to application of irritants.
Avoid greasy and sweaty environment as these can stimulate occurrence of Fordyce spots. You can take garlic and antioxidants which is helpful to get rid off this. Using aloe Vera gel for local application is also good.
If these measures not helping then you can approach dermatologist for prescription topical creams like tretinoin.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Dr. Nishad BN