What causes rash around anus and bump inside anus?

Posted on Fri, 7 Nov 2014 in Lump
Question: I have a red rash around my anus and a medium sized bump inside the anus. Im not sure what could have caused this and its very worrying. Please help. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 6 minutes later
hi dear,
red rash and bump around anus is suggestive of piles mostly but local examination is necessary.
Is there any bleeding in stool?
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Vipul Prajapati 1 hour later
I havent noticed blood, but my stools havent been very solid lately. Im on vacation right now so it won be east to have it looked at by a doctor. I did have mouth to vaginal contact with a girl a few weeks ago. Is it possible it is hpv? The bumps are in my anus though, not my mouth. Should i attach a photo of the area?t
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
consult surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Thank you for your query.

Blood in stool, bump and rash around anus may be due to piles mostly but may be any sexually transmitted disease. for proper diagnosis local examination is necessary.
So if possible consult local surgeon and do local examination.

unprotected sexual contact may cause any sexually transmitted disease like HIV, Herpes, HPV, Syphilis, Gonorrhea etc..

You need to take rest when ever possible by supine position and avoid sitting continuously.

Do take hot seize bath.

If stool is hard then take Tab dulcolax or any other home remedies.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Vipul Prajapati 4 hours later
I saw a dermatologist today and she proscribed some creams. She said it just looked irritated. Like an allergic reaction. She said it didnt look sexual related. Could it have been something i ate?
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be due to that

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

take a treatment as suggested by skin specialist as it may be due to any allergic reaction but not to any food particularly.

Is such rash and bump on other site?

If rash, bump and bleeding continue than consult a surgeon.

Do complete blood count and stool routine and micro examination.

Wish you healthy health.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Vipul Prajapati

Psychiatrist