What causes rash all over body despite treatment?
Seems to be eczematous rash, answer few questions
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be eczematous rash.
I need to ask you few questions:
Is your son or anyone in the family having history of dry skin, allergic rhinitis or asthma?
What is the name of the oral steroid and its dose and duration?
Is your son having any other ailments or taking any other medicines?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Oral steroids for longer duration
According to me you need to give him oral steroids in a tapering dose for a longer duration say 4-5 weeks.
Otherwise there are chances of relapse of this rash.
Also give him oral antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg bedtime and apply potent topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturizing lotion in the ratio of 1:3 on the affected areas twice daily.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for rashes caused due to shingles
- What cause the rashes all over the body and vomiting
- What could cause chronic headaches and body pain despite treatment
- What causes itching and rashes all over the body
- What are the causes and treatment for skin rashes
- Purpa cause treatment skin rash
- What is the treatment for itchy rashes on body
- What is the treatment for prickly rashes all over body
- What is the treatment for rash and body pain
- What is the cause and treatment for body pain
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs