What causes random seizures and high heart rate despite having normal lab reports?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, i would explain that your symptoms seem to be caused by depression.
From the other hand, migraine headaches are known to get worse in this clinical situation.
As your performed tests have resulted normal, they have excluded possible metabolic or intracranial causes (like infection or tumor).
I would like to have some more information regarding your actual therapy.
I would recommend starting on an antidepressant like sertraline or venlafaxine coupled with valproate or Lamotrigine.
Valproate and lamotrigine are both antiepileptic drugs, which are really helpful in migraine headaches and also can improve your emotional state.
Regarding hypnotherapy, it can be helpful, when coupled with drugs. I understand that it is expensive, but your can try 2-3 appointments and if it makes a different for you, you can decide to continue it.
Regarding your blood pressure, you should check your blood pressure machine or even try another one, in the presence of other persons of your family, so they can see if it is really high. In such case, you should start antihypertensive therapy.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I would explain as follows:
Thank you for the additional information.
Sertraline is an antidepressant which can be really helpful in your clinical situation. The dose of 25mg is really a low dose and non therapeutic. I would recommend raising the dose to 50mg a day for a couple of weeks and see how your body reacts. If no effects, you can still raise the dose again for other 2 weeks.
Regarding your eye pain, the brain CT scan has excluded possible sinus infection or any intracranial lesions. I would recommend consulting with an ophthalmologist for a careful physical exam. You may need to hold glasses. You should know that decreased vision can lead to persistent headaches. You need to exclude this possibility too.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes focal seizures
- What causes epileptic seizures
- What causes absence seizures
- What causes febrile seizure
- Seizures caused by high fever
- Seizure secondary to low heart rate
- Seizures caused by enlarged heart
- Heart condition that causes seizures
- Symptoms of low heart rate causing seizures
- What causes seizures having the brain scan normal
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?