question-icon

What causes random pain in the breast while breast feeding?

Posted on Mon, 6 Apr 2015
Question: So I still breastfeed my 16mo he is a pretty big boy he is 25lbs and 32in I usually feed him in the side laying position on my right breast . so my body is turned recently I have had a random pain just under my left breast right where my ribs end it isn't constant and maybe happens 3-4 times a day. My back is sore a bit too . could this be a pulled muscle ?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It is most likely muscle pull.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is most likely muscle pull ( muscular pain). Rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen is its treatment. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. You can get your x ray chest to exclude lung related causes. You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon