What causes raised itchy wheals over the skin while recovering from chickenpox?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi doctor,
my name is XXXX, I got chickenpox 3 weeks back , after swalling acciclovir 400 i recovered within 10days, after that itches are came after eating and small bites are appeared on my hand, sometimes i got fever also.what is the reason nsir
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic rash ,take treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
You seem to have developed urticaria at present . The chicken pox infection you had have probably completely healed by now .
Urticaria is basically an allergic skin problem in which there is development of raised itchy weals over the skin .
Take some oral antihistamines like Benadryl or levocetrizine regularly to relieve the associated itching and allergy .
Avoid any other medicines like antibiotics or pain killers or any other health tonics .
Such an allergic response can also be due to your previous infection and is likely to get better soon .

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
madam,i bought levocetrizine tablets when i swallow this tablets evenning or morning?, is this urticaria any dangerous? without using any medicines please tell me urgently
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment,don't worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Take one tablet of levocetrizine 5 mg at night for atleast five to seven days .
It is nothing dangerous, just an allergic skin condition and will subside soon with treatment.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T