Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What causes raised bumps around the corona of my penis glans?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
I have a snail trail like set of black bumps and what appear to be some raised bumps around the corona of my glans penis. They appeared about 1 month ago and are not going away. I have had sexual intercourse in the past 2 months with the same partner, vaginally protected. Orally unprotected. Pictures attached.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Best to get it looked at by a dermatologist/STD sp Detailed Answer: Hi there. I read your description with interest & have had a look at all 4 attached photographs of the region. In my august opinion given your history & the appearance of the lesions, it could be one of two conditions: Viral Warts or Fox Fordyce's spots. The former is a viral infection & the latter is a benign degenerative condition that is only of cosmetic importance. It is highly advised that you visit a dermatologist or venereologist (STD specialist) nearest you for confirmation & definitive treatment as it may entail a surgical or electrosurgical intervention. Alternatively, one may try a cream which contains 5% 5 Fluorouracil that is locally applied to the lesions & may help get rid of them. However, this cream comes with riders' as it has some side effects & will require a physician's prescription to be dispensed. It is great you practice safe sex but this may have been acquired from a previous sexual contact (assuming you have had earlier contacts') &/or unprotected oral sex may have been contributory. Please get your partner examined & tested as very often, in the female it may be 'hidden' internally & may require a special test by a gynaecologist or STD specialist to be picked up. Good Luck & all the Best. Don't be too concerned but best to consult the specialist near you at the earliest. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor