What causes raised bilirubin level?
Thanks for writing in
The fact that Bilirubin level is raised and liver enzymes are normal does pint to Gilbert's disease
Yes there is no reason to worry, Gilberts is a disease where liver metabolism is affected so bilirubin levels will keep fluctuating
It is typically harmless and needs supportive treatment only
Gilbert's syndrome is caused by an inherited gene mutation.
So just reassure yourself and continue with your physician's advice
Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Thanks for writing in again
Yes any abnormality in structure or function would surely reflect in the ultrasound and/or liver function test respectively
Re assure yourself and keep cool
Hope all clear
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistant elevated bilirubin level
- What causes high cholesterol and bilirubin levels and low libido
- What can cause elevated bilirubin
- What causes itchingdecreased appetite and elevated bilirubin level
- What causes mild rise in indirect bilirubin levels
- What hereditary diseases cause high bilirubin levels
- Increased bilirubin level causes
- Causes high bilirubin levels in teens
- High bilirubin level caused by dehydration
- What causes increased bilirubin level
- Bruised temple, has caused numbness in that area. Serious?
- Experiencing testicular pain, no lumps, fluctuating, discomfort when...
- Is abdominal cramps a symptom of diarrhea?
- Blood on stool, back pain, testicular pain, lump on anus, abdominal...
- Weight loss, constipation with dark stools. Bad eating habits. Symptoms...
- Chills and fever, swelling on lymph nodes. Liver and spleen mildly...
- Pain in legs, collar bones, irregular bowel movement and unsatisfied...
- Child having fever and back pain after falling from bed, swollen spot on...
- Dealing with domestic violence, appendix erupted. Is it due to violence?
- Itchy anus, no pain. Neither zinc cream nor hemorrhoid cream worked. Any...