What causes raised ASO titre and ESR levels?
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Raised aso and ESR are quite non specific. In XXXXXXX Aso is raised in almost all the patients
Could you give us some more details on the type of joint involvement.. Like which all joints are involved
2/ any swelling in the joints
3. Any early morning stiffness?
4. Any backache or beck.pain?
5. Any history if fever
6. Duration of the symptoms?
7. Any preceding loose motions or urinary infection
Steroids will help relieve the symptoms but we need to be sure what we are treating. Do let me know these queries. Will try to sort it out
Well, 5 days is a very short history to start any major drug. Even for Steroids, I would recommend you to wait since you have mentioned it is only arthalgia(Pains) and no swellings. At times, it can be just a prodomal of the viral illness and can subside in 2 weeks time or a Variant of reactive arthritis. I would recommend you to get Vitamin D levels, CRP and Anti CCP antibody also done. That would help us delineate if it is Rheumatoid Arthritis or just vitamin D Deficiency causing these pains
Kindly continue on NSAIDS for the time being and let me know these results as well
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is there any alternate medication for prednisolone?
- What causes sweating,fatigue and grey colored stool when sufferimh from...
- Suggest treatment for damage to joints caused after stem cell transplant
- Suggest treatment for sjogrens syndrome
- What are the side effects of Saaz?
- What causes knee pain?
- What causes pain in arms,legs,neck with dizziness and fatigue?
- Suggest treatment for diabetic diarrhea
- Can vasculitis occur on foot and legs?
- What causes cellulitis, sinusitis and joint pain?