What causes radiating pain in neck, shoulder, back and head while sitting?
Probably degerative spine disease.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your query and understand your concerns.
Neck pain that radiates to shoulders and head, related to position is most likely related to degerative cervical spine disease and cervical instability (spondylolysthesis).
Naproxen could help with this kind of pain, but it is necessary also to get evaluated further about above mentioned conditions.
In my opinion, you should consult with your primary care Doctor and get initially cervical spine x-rays ( neutral, flexed and extended position ).
If degerative spine disease confirmed by x-rays, MRI of cervical spine is needed as well.
Treatment depends on diagnosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Have back pain neck pain and dizziness suggestions
- Cough with painful neck and shoulders
- Pain neck shoulder boils
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- Thick mucus and painful neck and back
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Influenza symptoms muscle pain neck back legs
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen