What causes radiating pain in left hip area, top of buttock and back?
Can be muscle spasm or nerve compression.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the left hip radiating to the back can be related to a muscle spasm or nerve compression due to spondylottic changes in the spine. To find out the exact cause MRI scan of spine and hip would be most helpful. Most of the times such pains subside with rest, pain killers, muscle relaxants and a hot compress. Avoid all the painful hip activities and any painful exercise till you get an MRI scan done.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Radiating pain into my back from breastfeeding
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Severe radiating pain causes
- Radiating pain from jaw to back
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- Welt on back with radiating pain