What causes radiating pain in left breast, between shoulder blades, back and nausea?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: HI, I STRETCHED AND GOT A VERY SHARP PAIN IN MY LEFT BREAST,WHICH WENT THRU TO BETWEEN MY SHOULDER BLADES. NOW 36HRS LATER THE PAIN HAS BEEN CONSTANT BUT, SLIGHTLY LESS.THE PAIN HAS SETTLED IN THE CENTER OF MY CHEST STRAIGHT THRU MY BACK. I ALSO HAVE HAD A FEW BOUTS OF BAD NAUSEA.
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

How was your day?

Hope this message finds you in good health.

I have gone through your query in detail and understand your concern.

it seems you have significantly strained one of nerve or a muscle in the rib cage region that is causing radiating pain in the breast,chest and back scapular region.

Another possibility, if these symptoms are accompanied by neck pain as well, and if neck movements aggravate the pain,the a possiblity of cervical disc prolapse should also be kept in mind.

I would suggest that you take adequate rest, apply a rib belt for support, take analgesic and muscle relaxant tablets , apply local gel with hot fomentation.
Avoid a pillow below neck .

If the symptoms do not improve after 3 days, get a chest and neck xray done to find out whats wrong

You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.     

I hope your question has been answered.

Feel free to consult me anytime for follow-up queries. Take care,God bless.
Wish you a healthy life : )

If you do not have any clarifications,you can close the discussion.

Kind Regards..
Dr Mahaveer Patil, (MBBS,MS,Mch)
Consulting Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon

-     If you were satisfied and happy with my answer ,PLEASE RATE THIS ANSWER AND LEAVE YOUR SINCERE FEEDBACK .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng