What causes radiating pain in chest?
Check EKG again, then shift attention to gastric causes
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Although cardiac involvement has been ruled out the last time, I would still feel more comfortable if the same was done even this time.
As soon as a cardiac cause is ruled out, I would like to shift your doctors and your attention to gastrointestinal causes. Many gastrointestinal conditions can present with pain in the chest and back regions. Let me list a few of the most common conditions that present in such a manner:
+Peptic ulcer disease
+Gastroesophageal reflux disease
and a few others.
Taking this into consideration I would have to say yes to your question, please do go visit a doctor for evaluation and management of your symptoms. A few investigations that can help include:
+Upper GI endoscopy
+Ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis
+24-hour pH monitoring
+Complete blood count
and others that your doctor may find necessary.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
Yes, it is
Hello once again ma'am.
Yes, it is true. And the gastritis you have could quite possibly be the root cause for your presentation, but either way a cardiac cause will have to be ruled out.
I hope this helps. :)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Radiating pain in jaw throat and chest
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Radiating pain in arms cause pregnancy
- Severe radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain from chest up through neck
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...