What causes radiating pain in chest, arms and breathlessness in an elderly man?
Would you be able to recommend 2-3 cardiologists on cape cod or XXXXXXX ? Thanks
Possible angina; exams needed
Hello and thank you for your question. Welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
The way you are describing your husband's chest pain, the severity, intensity, character, duration, the way how it starts and subsides, adding the age of 58 years old, all factors point towards the fact that this is angina (chest tenderness that is originated from a blockage in one or more coronary arteries - arteries that supply the heart muscle with oxygen and supplies).
Therefore, some exams and a visit to the cardiologist are recommended to be done as soon as possible:
an EKG - to assess the heart's electrical system in resting state
an echo cardiogram - to evaluate heart chambers and valves by means of structure, function and motility
a cardiac stress test - to evaluate the heart electrical state during exercise, which will help us define wether there is coronary disease or not.
According to the test results, a coronary angiogram, to quantitaviley assess the coronary arteries, may be recommended.
I hope I was helpful. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.
Actually, I happen to not know any cardiologists there, as I do not work in the United States. I wish I could help with this to, although I think you have nothing to be worries about. Cardiac stress test is an exam carried out in our everyday job, by every cardiologist.
If you do not have further questions, kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you a good health,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Radiating pain in jaw throat and chest
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Severe radiating pain causes
- Radiating pain in arms cause pregnancy
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- Radiating pain down arm and swollen hand
- Hemorrhoid cause radiating pain
- What could cause radiating pain from arm to breast
- Radiating pain causes
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- What causes rapid heart rate in a healthy adult?
- What causes sudden fluctuations in BP levels?
- Suggest treatment for heart palpitations and severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for low heart rate and high thyroid levels
- What causes stabbing left-sided chest pain, dizziness and throbbing...
- What causes weight gain while on Verapamil for atrial fibrillation?
- What does high heart rate and abnormal WBC count indicate?
- Is it safe to stop taking Losartan due to low BP?
- What causes increased pulse rate after discontinuing Atenolol?
- What causes hearing pulse and heart sounds?