What causes radiating pain in R lumbar lateral trunk area?

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015 in Back Pain
Question: For the past month, I have been having pain radiating from my R lumbar lateral trunk area down to my gastroc, with numbess and tingling on bottom of my foot. I had a laminectomy done to L3-L4 2 years ago. I am a single parent, who works in physical therapy, praying it is not what I suspect. It hurts down my R LE when I use the bathroom. Now, I did walk on the treadmill and bike and did light weight nautilus about a week ago. I was careful.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your query.
As per your symptoms there is possibility of disc bulge leading to pain.
You may need repeat MRI spine to see present status.
Old laminectomy can lead to near vertebrae arthritis leading to pain.
Continue your medication and physiotherapy.
If no relief then epidural injection may help.
If required you may need EMG NCV study.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon