What causes radiating pain below the breasts and back?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Pain in right side below the breast going around to my back for the past two days now.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
The pain below the breast going to the back can be due to muscular pain, GERD, Pleuritis, etc.

Musculoskeletal inflammation - This can be diagnosed if the pain increases on specific movements or on direct pressure on the affected area. Such pain can respond to medications like Ibuprofen 400 mg taken three times a day. This generally resolves within a week. ‎

Pneumonitis Or Pleuritis : Here the pain increases on deep breaths and is associated with symptoms like cough, expectoration of mucus or purulent sputum, etc.

GERD: This condition too presents with the similar symptoms as described by you and usually subsides after taking Antacids or proton pump inhibitors group of drugs.

Panic attacks: This is a condition that is seen in hyperthyroid patients with anxiety related symptoms. This can also present with chest pain, breathlessness and other generalized symptoms. This condition can also be confused with cardiac problems.

It is important to rule out the exact cause after physical examination and investigations. Hence, please see your Primary Doctor for complete examination and the treatment would follow according.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal