What causes radiating chest pain and hard spots near abdomen after panniculectomy?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am having severe chest pain which is starting to radiate around both sides of my body to kidneys. The pain feels like a heart attack and more concentrated on my heart. Help
The doctor says it is not my heart all testing is negative.
I had a panniculectomy on Dec 7th, one drainage tub accidentally came out on Dec 15th then Dec 17th the pain started. Surgeon indicated it was not from fluid build up even though there are some hard spots in my abdomen...(from fluid?)
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get A CT done to determine if there is any fluid build up!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

Given the nature of your symptoms and the timeline, I will highly recommend a CT scan to evaluate the chest and abdomen for air and fluid pockets because of the severity of your pain. I will love to see these options addressed.

Inflammation could be another cause. I will like to know how your pain is being managed.

Let me know what the findings from these reveal. I wish you well and feel free to follow up with me for more information and clarifications if need be.