What causes racing heart beats while on lisinopril?
yes.you can do dechallenge test
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Yes. You can do dechallenge test to know whether the same drug is causing the problem or the symptom is due to some other cause.
But before stopping the drug l want few more information
1. Why was the drug started?
2. If for hypertension what was your BP readings before starting the drug and current reading?
I will be waiting for the information.
Hope this information helps you.
Wish you good health and faster recovery.
.LISINIPROL WAS STARTED FOR BLOOD PRESSURE. BEFORE LISINIPROL MY READINGS RANGED FROM 126/70 TO 145/83. CURRENTLY HAS RANGED FROM 123/66 TO 142/75
you can dechallenge the drug . Monitor BP
With the variations in BP you can stop taking the drug but keep monitoring the blood pressure. If any variations like systolic more than 150 or diastolic more than 90 then consult your doctor for change in drug. ARB group of drugs like telmisartan or losartan will be better than the current drug. You can discuss the same with your doctor.
Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask if any further information.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a racing heart
- What causes children heart to race
- What causes loud heart beat while sleeping
- What causes a fluttery heart beat
- What causes numbness in arm and racing heart beat
- What causes skipping heart beats taking lisinopril for high bp
- What is the cause of uneven heart beat
- Does bisoprolol and lisinopril cause any damage to heart
- What is the cause for racing heart while on metropolol
- What causes the heart to race while lying down