What causes pus filled tonsils in throat?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You are worried about the appearance of the back of your throat. What you describe is normal. The tonsils with the wholes and white patches are called cryptic tonsils. The tonsil normal has then small crypts and food particles get lodged in the hole. This sets the off the white blood cells to dissolve the food make for white patches. This is normal and we don't do anything about it.
The furry tongue is also normal and the lumps you see in the back of your tongue are the large papillae taste buds. This is normal anatomy and again nothing to be concerned about.
In summary everything appears normal.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Intense pain in the throat inflamed tonsils cause
- What causes pustules on tonsils
- Does deep throating cause tonsilitis
- What causes throat pain when suffering from bacterial tonsillitis
- Lump on tonsil causing sore throat
- What causes tonsillitis with pus pockets and gallbladder sludge
- Tonsil/throat infection causes
- Is tonsillitis caused due to moxfloxacin medication for throat irritation
- What causes tonsillitis
- What causes tonsil tags