What causes pus filled hard growth on the finger?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a hard growth on my finger near the nail about the size of a small pea. It is the color of my skin. I pierced it and a clear fluid came out. Put alcohol and a bandaid on it and it filled up again in a week. Done this several times. Is it a cancer or what? YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
This does not sound like cancer so you should not be worried. It looks to me like ganglion cyst which is common at this area and this is a cyst filled with clear fluid which commonly recur. Only rarely it pulls back spontaneously and in most cases surgical removal is required so you should consult plastic surgeon. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng