What causes pus filled bumps on left arm and hands?
Seems to be shingles
Thanks for being at healthcare magic
I have reviewed all the attached photographs and according to me it is shingles.
You should start with antivirals as soon as possible.
In such cases I recommend my patients to take tablet Valciclovir 1 gram thrice daily for 7 days and tablet tramadol 50 mg twice daily for 5-7 days depending on the intensity of pain and burning sensation.
I also recommend them to apply calamine lotion on the affected areas and avoid rubbing and scratching over the affected areas.
These are prescription medicines and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Bodyaches occur with shingles, vaccine not 100 percent effective
Yes pain, bodyaches , fever and malaise occurs with shingles.
This is then followed by eruption of blisters.
The zoster vaccine available for shingles can reduce the occurence or severity of shingles but is not 100 percent effective in preventing it's occurence.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes throbbing in left arm
- What could cause red bumps on stomach and arms
- What causes sudden bumps on childs arms
- What could cause bumps on legs and arms
- What causes pus filled bump on gums
- What causes little itchy bump on arms
- What is the cause of pus filled bumps on areola
- What causes painful pus filled bumps on stomach
- What causes coldness in left arm
- Red bumps appeared on hand and arm underlying cause