• question-icon

What causes pus cells in urine?

Posted on Wed, 3 Sep 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Dear dr. when my urine tested it is showing the pus cella are more than 50hpf. wat may be the reason?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The reason is that you are having urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:

The reason is that you are having urinary tract infection. Usually caused by bacteria.

No need to worry as this can be treated very easily with a course of sensitive antibiotics. It is better if you get a urine culture/sensitivity test as well so that appropriate sensitive antibiotic can be chose and treated accordingly by your doctor.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Poola 50 minutes later
No doctor urine culture has been already done. Nothing found unusual. since there were some cold sore type things outside the skin doctor suggested for herpes simplex virus examination. But still according to him it clinically seems like herpes. according to me first i started taking doxylag, then started glozimax(i think it is azithromycine) and finally with verpex (aciclor 400). Even after the blood results, because of the appearance he asked me to continue with aciclor and doxylog. But i think the pain get reduced and the wound started healing when i started the glozimax. Is there any other disease or virus similar to herpex? Is herpex common in XXXXXXX community? should i need to conduct any more check to verify herpex? the result got 4.5 for hsv2 (border line they written as 16-22 and 0.25 for hsv1 (border line is 0.8)
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
PCR test for HSV is gold standard for it to diagno

Detailed Answer:
Yes, there are some other viral infections like human papilloma viral infections, molluscum contagiosum etc which present little similarly.

PCR test for HSV is gold standard for it to diagnose.

Yes, herpes is common in XXXXXXX community.

There is need of a follow up visit to dermatologist in your case to exactly diagnose the condition.

However, pus cells in urine are usually caused by bacterial infection rather than viral.

Hope it helps!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist