What causes pulsing nerve under one eye?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
From last 1 week, I am noticing a nerve under one eye continuously pulsing and showing up. Please suggest if I need to contact Eye doctor or Neurologist?
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult neurologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

It seems from the history that you are having continuously pulsing and showing up under one eye. This indicates twitching of the eyelids. It usually occurs as a result of irritation of the branches of the facial nerve supplying the orbicularis oculi muscle of the eyelids.
The common causes for this condition are stress, deficiency of essential nutrients, increased intake of caffeine containing drinks like coffee....
Most of these conditions will resolve by itself and no treatment is required. You need to avoid stress, intake caffeine containing drinks... Supplementation with vitamins and minerals is known to provide symptomatic relief.

However if the condition associated with twitching of the face or if it is not resolving, it requires evaluation by a neurologist for evaluation to rule out neurological cause.

Hence I advice you to consult your neurologist doctor if it is not resolving or associated with twitching of the face.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards

Follow-up: What causes pulsing nerve under one eye? 11 minutes later
Thanks for guidance and information. It is very helpful.

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for writing to Health care magic.

With regards