What causes pulse rate of 53 after taking Propranolol?
53 is not very low
propranolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers reduce the pulse rate. They may also cause various side effects like tiredness, weakness, reduced ability for physical activity etc. 53 beats per minute is not too low for a young healthy individual, so you shouldn't worry about it. It's very close to the lower limit though and perhaps you should reduce the dosage a little bit to avoid having an even lower pulse rate.
Symptoms are not expected before the pulse rate drops below 45 and perhaps even less than 40. If the drug is causing side effects that you can't cope with, then you should discuss with the treating physician about alternative treatment choices.
I hope I've helped!
You can contact me again, if you'd like more information or clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can propranolol cause a yeast infection
- Can propranolol cause vaginal itching
- Will propranolol cause weight gain
- Can propranolol cause epididymitis
- Propranolol causes green stool
- Propranolol cause irregular menstruation
- Propranolol causing eye problems
- What causes high pulse rate after surgery
- Propranolol cause heavy periods
- Does propranolol cause weight loss