• question-icon

What causes pulsation sensation in the abdomen?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I feel a pulsating pain in the left side of my abdomen/stomach, when I touch my penis to urinate, but I do not have pain in my penis or problems urinating at all. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to investigate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted pain in abdomen on left side while urinating can be mostly due to reflux of urine from the bladder into ureter and needs to be confirmed .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Intravenous Pyelography.(IVP)
4)Micturating Cysto Urethrogram (MCU)

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 59 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for your reply and your answer.

I just wanted to clarify that the pain is not because of, or while urinating. I only feel pain when I take my penis in my hand or touch it to urinate, but not while urinating. The pain is not in my penis, but there is an instant pain echo in the lower left side of my stomach. I thought that it may be an urcer because I have been under severe stress lately.

However, I must say that it is very rare for me to feel sick, since I have not needed medical treatment since I was 25 years old, and that was because I suffered a slip disk, due to an accident, but no illness. That was the last time I took prescription drug, it was a pain reliever. Otherwise, I never get a cold in the winter or suffer any other serious ailments.

I am in a very strict, holistic nutritional regimen, under which all my food is 100% organic, non-GMO, and I never eat junk foods, or any foods with unnatural additives, or chemicals. A lot of my supplements are based on Ayurvedic medicine. So this has taken me by XXXXXXX

The only other time I went to see a Doctor was in 1990 for a general physical exam, and it came out 100% well.

Anyhow, if you have any other hint, I will appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rare to have pain in abdomen before urination on holding penis in hand.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up highlighting facts about your health and glad to know about your vigilance and your health consciousness.

The pain in stomach could be mostly due to stress induced Gastritis which is likely to get triggered before passing urine .

Try taking antacids (Panataprozole) twice daily and observe for any improvement .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist