What causes pulsating sensation in back, left knee and thighs?

Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Experiencing pulsating sensation back/left right knee; started mid thigh (same leg) late Friday night after all day standing/sitting (retail position). At first intermittent (Friday/Saturday), today (continual) except when I stretch out my leg. P.S. Do wear support stockings for work.
Answered by Dr. Baranidharan Kuselan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I am Dr. Barani and I am pleased to assist you.

Pulsating feeling can occur due to two different reasons.
The first one is an aneurysm in which the blood vessel is dilated.
The second one is muscle twitching.

The cause and the treatment for these two are different.
Hence the first step if to know which of these two is causing pulsating feeling.

I suggest a clinical examination by your doctor to find which of these two is the cause and plan treatment.

Dr.Barani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T