What causes pulsating feeling in the neck when diagnosed with PICA?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
im 36 year old female who had a vetrebral artery dissection and 5 strokes in the PICA October 2017. today my neck started twitching uncontrollably or pulsating. what could this be and should i be worried?
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably blood circulation related.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

The pulsating feeling in your case may be attributed to the abnormal circulation of the blood in the dilated part of the dissected vessel and it should be in synchronization with the heart rhythm.

This turbulence of blood may cause slight twitching of your neck too.

In rare cases, a stroke ( new one ) may be responsible for the muscles twitching, so, an evaluation by your Doctor is necessary to get a correct understanding of your condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards.