What causes pulling sensations in stomach?
Probably not so serious, blood calcium/vitamin D,
Hi and thanks for the query,
It is possible that these could be simply a reflex contraction, maybe due to some excitation with the fingers.
If this is the first time you are experiencing this, I do not think you need to bother much. In case you have experienced before, maybe in another area of the body, it might be of interest to get your blood calcium and magnesium levels checked. Low Calcium, Vitamin D, Potassium and at times magnesium levels could lead to increased muscle excitability and could cause cramps at times.
You would have to be sure that you are not approaching your menstrual periods and you are not bleeding or just ended bleeding.
I really do not think this should be serious. But if it repeats, or has happened before, checking for blood Calcium, Vitamin D and Magnesium and Potasium levels could be of interest.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause fluttering sensation in upper stomach
- Burning sensation in stomach causes
- What can cause itching sensation in stomach
- What causes stomach discomfort
- What causes burning sensation in lower stomach
- What causes upset stomach
- What causes pulling in stomach
- What could be cause of tickling sensation in stomach
- What causes gas in stomach
- What can be cause of stomach burning sensation