Owl Image

What causes pulling sensation in left breast?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I've been experiencing fullness in my left breast and a pulling/thickening sensation. Then today, I have significant swelling in what appears to be the lymph node above my left collar bone. I have spent too much time googling symptoms and now am very worried....
Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
The fullness in the breast with a swollen supra clavicular lymph node is suggestive of an infection or inflammation in the breast tissue. There is no need to worry. If there is no palpable lump in the breast then a malignancy is not likely. This needs a direct examination and investigations like mammography and FNAC of the lymph node to confirm.
You go ahead with your appointment tomorrow and till then stay calm as it is likely to be due to an infection that will subside with anti inflammatory medicines and oral antibiotics.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal