What causes ptosis after taking Botox injection?
May be related, should go away.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
The fact that you've had a botox injection session may well be the reason for the ptosis (droopy eyelid). It is one of the possible complications of the therapy with botox when the botox effect reaches the muscle which elevates the palpebrae. It may be related to the injection being too close to the muscle, too diluted spreading to the muscle, simply due to anatomic variations in different patients or due to a preexisting weakness of that muscle which was till now compensated from the forehead muscles only to be disclosed by the injection.
A visit is still recommended to look for other possible signs which might indicate other causes, but in the meantime shouldn't overworry as botox is the most likely culprit and it will reverse as its effect wears off.
I hope to have been of help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eyelids slightly swollen after botox injections
- Can i take botox injection for gerd
- Treatment for stomach and neck pain after botox injections
- Does botox injection taken for head tremor cause shoulder pain
- Anal hematoma after botox injection
- What do botox injections do
- Do botox injections cause missed periods
- Celestamine after botox injection
- Eyes burning after botox injections
- Does botox injection given to eyelids cause any eye problems
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...