What causes psoriasis and vitiligo after gall bladder removal?

General Surgeon
Question
Since my gallbladder was taken out I have acquired bad skin problems such as psoriasis and vitiligo. Is there a supplement I can take to simulate the benefit of the gallbladder?

Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cholecystectomy unrelated to skin condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

Surgical removal of gall bladder or Cholecystectomy is unrelated to occurrence of any skin condition.
The major function of gall bladder is storage and concentration of bile. In the absence of it the function is taken over by common bile duct. There is no need for boosting up of its function.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh