What causes pseudomonas aeruginosa?
Pseudomonas infection needs close attention
Thanks for writing in.
I have read through your query in detail.
Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection must not be taken lightly and treated completely. It can cause infections in various organ systems including the following:
Respiratory tract (eg, pneumonia)
CNS (eg, meningitis, brain abscess)
Ear (eg, otitis externa and media)
Eye (eg, bacterial keratitis, endophthalmitis)
Bones and joints (eg, osteomyelitis)
GI tract (eg, diarrhea, enteritis, enterocolitis)
Skin (eg, ecthyma gangrenosum)
As you have mentioned Ciprofloxacin 500 mg in treatment I guess you are having an urinary tract infection.
The duration of treatment varies with various manifestations of the infection and may vary from 3 days for uncomplicated infections to 3 weeks for associated kidney infections. As per studies Ciprofloxacin continues to be the preferred oral agent.
Your doctors must make sure that the psudomonas infection is being treated by Ciprofloxacin by doing antibiotic sensitivity tests.
Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is pseudomonas aeruginosa symptoms
- What is pseudomonas aeruginosa pregnancy
- What causes pseudomonas aeruginosa growth in lungs
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa causing sore throat
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection causes
- What antibiotics treat pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa urethra
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cervix
- Klebsiella oxytoca pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Metronidazole iv and pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...