What causes protein in urine?
Most likely it is not related to THC oil in cookies/brownies.
Trace amount of protein is normally found in urine.
Excessive amount of protein in urine may be due to many reasons like infection,chronic hypertension,chronic diabetes mellitus,glomerulonephritis etc.Most likely it is not related to THC oil in cookies/brownies.
You need proper clinical correlation and further investigations.
You are rightly advised for 24 hour protein excretion.Besides this,initially you may need other tests like routine hemogram,random blood sugar,liver function test,complete renal function test(includes serum urea,creatitine).If there is alteration then you may also need creatitine clearance,GFR,serum sodium,potassium,calcium,phosphorus,bicarbonate,chloride).
I also advise for ultrasound of abdomen.
Proper treatment depend upon findings.
Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What foods causes too much protein in urine
- Foods that cause protein in urine
- What causes high protein in urine
- High protein urine causes
- Protein in urine causes nephrologist
- Causes of trace of protein in urine
- Protein discharge in urine causes
- Protein in urine causes
- Malnutrition cause protein in urine
- What cause protein in urine to increase