What causes prominent visible vein in an infant's eye?
My daughter is 10 weeks old. In her eyes her veins are clearly visible. Like apiderweb, on one side leading to her eye. But they are in both eyes.
This is the second time this happens. Normally they are not so visible.
I should add that I gave her baby vitamin drops suitable from both, vitamin a every 4 days as it is 2400iu, vitamin c, d,e und bs as advised by my nutrionist.
Is this normal
Hello. I just read through your question.
What you are describing is normal at this age. By now, she should be making at least some eye contact. As long as she continues to do that, and you do not notice any discharge from the eyes, there is nothing to be concerned about.
You can continue to give her the vitamins as directed without concern.
Today this evening again her veins became more noticeable and on one eye it even went all the way to the retina which was new. It looks like there is more blood supply suddenly.
Thus is not a sign of hypertension?
I have given her vitamin a drops today and c could this be a reason? Ididnt give them for a few days?
Thank you for the follow up question.
In this age, this is not a sign of hypertension. That is something common to older adults but not infants.
I also do not believe this is vitamin related.
For reassurances purposes, the next time you visit her pediatrician for a routine exam, you can have them check blood pressure. But again, this is not a sign of hypertension.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes visible veins around hips
- What are the causes for vein like prominence on penis
- What causes varicos veins in the eyes
- What causes green lesions and visible veins on shoulders
- Cause of red veins in eyes
- What causes prominent veins on chest menopause
- What causes veins to become more visible
- Visible veins abdomen cause
- What causes prominent blue vein on the back
- What may cause the veins of my eye lid to swell