What causes prolonged headache while on treatment for typhoid?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: Miss XXXXXXX

My wife has some problem as below.

Age:26 years
Have 1 baby (1.5 years old)
Problem: She diagnosed with Typhoid 2 month back but now controlled. She has been headache continuously for 3 months.
What could be? Please suggest.
Please advice good doctor in XXXXXXX related to this problem.
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
could be migraine

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Glad to hear from you again . Sorry for the late reply.

Most common causes of chronic headache are chronic sinusitis,vision disturbance and migraine.

If your wife is not having any other disease like sinusitis then this headache could be due to migraine. It is unlikely to be related with typhoid.

Before that get her vision checked as vision disturbance cause chronic headache. If that comes normal then consult a neurologist. But migraine is diagnosed by exclusion of other diseases . So a CT/mri of brain may be needed to rule out any undiagnosed brain disease.

If CT/mri also comes normal it can be labelled as migraine .

Following is the address of very experienced neurophysician in XXXXXXX

Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Residence cum clinic address
XXX , XXXX XXXX XXXX , XXXX-3, XXXXXXX -122001
Phone number-0000,0000XXXX

Call to take appointment.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari