What causes prolonged fever?
she is admitted in hospital also
there doctors didn't find root cause of the fever
done all tests
Fever in old age have many causes.
Hi XXXXXXX Myself Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar. I am practising pulmonologist in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I have gone through all the reports you have attached with your question. from these I concludes some chronic infection is going on in her lungs.
Markers of chronic infection are
1. Low Hemoglobin.
2. High Platelet count.
3. Slightly Higher Total Count.
So these all suggest towards chronic infection. CT Thorax suggestive of consolidation in right middle lobe with enlarged lymphnode. So this might be the active foci of infection. i will advice you to consult Pulmonologist and go for Fiber optic Bronchoscopy and Broncho Alveolar lavage(BAL) analysis from the lateral segment of the right middle lobe. This will tell you about infection present or not.
I also like to comment on calcified foci in CT. This may be healed foci of childhood TB as in XXXXXXX TB is very common. and reactivation of TB in old age is quite common. So this consolidated area may be due to Reactivation TB. And Fever is the only symptom in Reactivation TB of old age, No cough, No Cavities on X Ray, No Expecroration.
So Consult Pulmonologist and discuss the chances of reactivation TB.
Hope my this answer will help you to solve your query. I will happy to help you if you have other queries. Good wishes to your mother. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Prolonged fever
- Treatment and cure for Prolonged fever
- Prolonged fever causes
- Symptoms of Prolonged fever
- Causes for prolonged fever in children
- Side effects of prolonged fever
- Prolonged fever headache
- Prolonged fever and chickenpox
- Prolonged fever with arthritis
- Prolonged fever with pneumonia
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?