What causes prolonged fever?

Posted on Mon, 7 Jul 2014 in General Health
Question: 1.) Since last saturday 14th XXXXXXX 2014 - having fever - coming Fixed time - FIX temperature raised 99.5 , taking crocin - gets OK doing this uptil now , no antiboti yet taken.
2.)The same happend 3 time in gap of 1 - 1.5 week ; got fever with same temperature 99.5 - taken medicine crocin

Little worried - wanted to have your advice to diagnose well.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Complete blood count

Detailed Answer:

I would assume that you have fever since 14th XXXXXXX and not 14th XXXXXXX

The cause of fever most of times is infection. If fever is running for more than three days then you may have to be placed on antibiotics after suspecting the infective agent.

I suggest you to get a blood test called Complete blood count. This provides a clue into what kind of infection is causing the fever so that appropriate treatment can be planned.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Dr. Raju A.T