What causes progressive headache after taking cortisone injections in knees?
Can be due to steroid shot.
Thanks for posting your query.
The steroid injection in the knees can cause a side effect like headache after 12 hours. This can be related to dehydration or electrolyte imbalance or stress and anxiety also.
It is best to increase your fluid intake- preferably electrolyte rich fluids like Garotade and fruit juices, keep yourself calm and relaxed and try to have coffee with tylenol to get a better effect. Do take rest and take a day off from your work if possible.
The headache will gradually subside on its own.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is swelling in knee caused due to cortisone injection
- Symptoms of progressive headache
- What causes headaches after taking lidocaine
- What is the cause of headache after injecting meth
- What si the cause for headache after taking xanax
- What is the cause of headache after taking abortion pills
- Can cortisone injections cause headaches or nausea
- Can cortisone injections cause headaches
- What causes cortisone flare
- Cortisone injection causes amenorrhea