What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
Since my surgery my internal thermastat fans been out of control with profuse sweating around my head and neck area. Can you provide me any insight?
Unusual to have severe pain after 10 wks
After reading the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and your discomfort.
As approximately 2 and a half months have been passed slight pain persistence is alright but severe pain should not happen.
So its advisable that you should personally consult your cardiac surgeon as the wiring site needs examination for any developing infection and also chest xray needs to be done to check whether or not all the sutures are in place.
Regarding your profuse sweating I wanna know since when it has started. If it's recent in onset like one week or so then your grafts needs to be evaluated. And if it's happening ever since your surgery then your blood sugar level needs monitoring.
I hope this information will be helpful. If you have any more doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.
Dr Bhanu partap
My profuse sweating has been since my surgery . Even at rest I am sweating. My blood pressure still high as well. Anywhere from 145 to 170 range in the top number.
As I have mentioned before also that slight pain at this point is okay but not severe pain. You can take Tramadol for pain relief.
Blood pressure above 140 is higher and it's important to keep it under check more importantly after surgery. So your blood pressure meds also needs adjustments.
Dr Bhanu partap
Enough for surgery. What is my long term prognosis?
Needs before and after surgery Echocardiography report
For that assessment I need to see your before and after surgery Echocardiography report to see how well your heart is working and your valve status and which type of valve has been used like bioprosthetic or mechanical valve.
Kindly provide me with details.
Dr Bhanu partap
Cow valve means that your native aortic valve has been replaced by a bioprosthetic valve which can easily last for a period of around 10 years if you keep on taking meds properly which has been prescribed to you by your doctor.
Long term survival prognosis of a heart failure patient with a valve replacement surgery depends upon the hearts ejection fraction ie.LV EF on echo. And also on the condition and symptoms of the patient post operatively.
If you can just tell me your pre and post operative LVEF on echo and your current symptoms I can give you an idea of long term prognosis.
Hope to be helpful
Dr Bhanu partap
Confused, helpless and scared,
Detailed Answer: XXXXXXX first of all i want you to be positive as positive thoughts harbours positive results.
You will surely improve because you as a retired army officer will be getting the best possible medical care. The only thing which is required from your side is try to stay stress free and have faith, you will do great.
Yes if you take to much stress and keep on thinking on the negative side then your symptoms will probably get worsened due to increase in stress hormone release in the body. My advise is if you feel helpless with your stress and emotion levels then its better to take the help of a psychiatrist. As it will help you boost your confidence.
May GOD Bless
Dr Bhanu Partap
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I have nothing to ask further and I am seeing my cardiac surgeon on Monday.
Thanks again for your help and kindness,
God bless you too,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for anxiety and profuse sweating
- What is the cause of profuse sweating with coughs
- Profuse sweating causes
- Does augmentin intake cause profuse sweating
- What causes vomiting and profuse sweating
- Post hysterectomy profuse sweating
- Does change in climate cause hip pain and profuse sweating
- Tightness in chest and profuse sweating
- What could cause profuse sweating
- Frequent headache every evening chills profuse sweating at mid-night cause
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?