• question-icon

What causes profuse sweating and extreme fatigue?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Lupus
Question: 50 yr old female with SLE and Sjogrens...having severe sweating day and night with extreme fatigue. Labs showed elevated WBC (13.8) Neutrophils (10) sed rate (21) LDH (280) and CRP(78)....all other lab results WNL. I know this could be related to Lupus but the sweating is severe, and concerning since I know lymphoma is higher in the Lupus population. I have no swollen nodes, but a sore throat, dry cough and one incident of bloody sputum last week...that was why the labs got drawn. Chest xray negative, non-smoker.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
its not lymphoma

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM

I can understand your concern

As you explain the history and the lab tests i think this might be an infection of the upper airways based to the chest x ray findings too.

And for this you should be treated with an antibiotic (like Amoxicylin orally twice for up to one week depending on your clinical situation )

Your treating doctor should follow carefully your conditions and re evaluate you after the treatment.

About lymphoma this situation is not related to it.However if you want to rule it out you can do a chest and abdominal CT .
If the result is negative than don't worry.

I hope this will help you.

Take care and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist