What causes profuse sweating after eating?
How often does this occur?
I will like to know how often this happens.If it is a one time observation, then that is certainly linked to increased body temperature that often occurs after eating. This is physiological and well established. If this increase is high, especially after eating hot food, the body uses seating as a means to cool down. A one time observation really calls for no real worries unless this occurs all the times that might make us to think of some endocrine disease conditions like multiple endocrine disorders.
However, let me hear first from you before going on to making more conclusions and recommendations about this.
What are you most recent TSH levels?
Is your thyroid function being evaluated? If yes, then what is the most recent TSH levels. Also, do you have any difficulties with diarrhea and abdominal pain after eating? Does this happen after every meal?
This isn’t very clear and should it persist, I will recommend further evaluation and laboratory testing. Possible causes of this condition are diabetes, hyperthyroidism, anxiety and most cases, it is a transient no pathological observation which usually resolves spontaneously.
Keep me posted on this!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for anxiety and profuse sweating
- What is the cause of profuse sweating with coughs
- Profuse sweating after appendectomy
- Profuse sweating of face after menopause
- Profuse sweating after root canal
- Profuse sweating causes
- Does augmentin intake cause profuse sweating
- What causes vomiting and profuse sweating
- What could cause profuse sweating
- Profuse sweating after passing out
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?