• question-icon

What causes profuse sweating, abdominal bloating and shortness of breath?

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: What causes sweating, shortness of breath and bloating feeling soon after eating?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
How often has this occurred?

Detailed Answer:

These symptoms are not very specific and do not all point to a single disease condition. However, with more information, we may be able to narrow down to a list of potable diagnoses. TO be of most help, I will like to know the following:

1. Do you have diabetes?
2. Are you on any medications?
3. For how long have you had this in all?
4. How long do these symptoms last?
Have you ever had any surgery touching on the intestines?

I look forward hearing from you on this. More insights and definitive responses will come in after this.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
1. No diabetes
2. No medications
3. This has been happening doe the oast 2 months.
4. I start to sweat, have shortness of breath and feel bloated within minutes of eating. The symptoms last about an hour and thwn start to subside.
5. Never had any surgery

Thank-you .
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will suggest that you fractionate your meals!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the responses. It appears a bit strange that you have these symptoms as all follow up responses do not point to a typical disease condition. I will suggest that you monitor and see if this happens with all meal types. I will also suggest that you eat slowly and in smaller quantities/several times a day. Report progress to me for further evaluation.

If fractionating meals doesn’t help, we will have to do stomach emptying studies to see what happens after food consumption in a bit to gather more details and establish the ongoing condition fully.

I hope this guides and helps. Lop back and keep me posted on your response to the above measures. We will carry on from there.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Chobufo Ditah